AI and DI?

 

“AI” and “DI”?

   The use of AI “Artificial Intelligence” is slowly creeping into society and into our lives in indirect and sometimes direct ways.  We have seen the negative results of thousands of lost jobs due to AI performing a lot of repetitive tasks and even performing complex tasks.  Like any new technology – as Christians we are tasked with learning to navigate the technology without abandoning our life of faith and trust in Jesus Christ.  I think that as we navigate the AI world, we also need to remember the incredibly awesome and life changing world of DI!  I guess I am trying to pen a somewhat new term of “DI”.  It is the Divine Influence of God, the Divine Inspiration, and the Divine Insight!  In your use of AI, don’t forget the DI!

   Sometime ago I was thinking about using AI to write a spiritually themed blog.  When I used it to put some thoughts together, I thought that it did a pretty good job, but I just didn’t feel right about it.  I think that a number of Christian Ministers struggle with using AI, especially if they are under a time crunch.  I thought about it and decided it was one thing to use it to pull up biblical references on a certain subject, but it was quite another to use it to put the message together.  Though it may be able to view the biblical references, it might be lacking any kind of “anointing” and inspiration that God has put on your life.

  I think that every time I ask Google a question – it is using AI to answer the question.  It seems like it is giving me a good answer, but I wonder if someday it could be manipulated to influence the results.  Since AI is pulling data from a lot of sources, it is probably being influenced by a lot of different belief systems.  I guess that I would just think that we need to keep that in mind and not rely too heavily on it.

  As a believer in Christ and someone who is trying to rely on Him as the director of my life – I am always being motivated to ask for His wisdom and insight and help, which He encourages me to do.  Here are a couple of verses that we should rely on during the difficult decisions of life.

James 1:5 “If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding faults, and it will be given to you.” 

Proverbs 3:5,6 “Trust in the Lord with all your heart; and lean not unto your own understanding.  In all your ways acknowledge him, and He shall direct your paths.”

  I think that it would be a fantastic practice for you and I to ask the Lord for insight and help as often as we can.  I think that if we do this, we may discover that He can help us in so many ways that we didn’t even think of.  Plus, we can always trust Him through the cycles of life.  He will never fail us or be influenced by any “outside source.”

Image from “Freeimages.com” 

   I guess my message today is to use AI with care and do not rely too heavily on it and to use as many opportunities as possible to stop and ask God for wisdom and insight and direction.  There is nothing artificial about Him.

  One final thought.  I noticed that the verse in James says that if we lack “wisdom”, then ask God for it.  Intelligence is recalling the facts, wisdom is knowing how to apply the facts.  God can help us to recall information when we need it, He can help us to know how to apply that information, He can impress us when to use the information and He can even enable us to put that wisdom into practice!  And so much more.  Isn't it so wonderful to know Jesus and to have His Spirit in our life!

   This post was not intended to try and explain all the benefits and flaws with using AI, but just an exhortation to be aware that there are reasons to use with caution. We also need to realize that the access that we as Christians have with asking and relying on God's wisdom and direction and discernment is incredibly important now as it has ever been.

 

Image from “Freeimages.com”

 

 

Written by Lee Malden 2026

For more information: email lmalden@hotmail.com

 

These are my thoughts today, what do you think?  Please leave me a response or email me and I would be happy to hear your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What I wish for in Church - Part 1

Is There Life on Other Planets? A Biblical Answer.