My Aunt, My Sister, and I


  I hope you are having a great week.  I also hope that you have enjoyed reading the poems that I have posted over the past weeks.  This is the last of that series and I am going to close out by giving you a couple of poems - one from my Aunt, one from one of my Sisters, and one from me.

   I remember that when I wrote this first poem, it was a very stormy day and the power had been shut off at the house.  My family was visiting some friends and I was by myself in the house and was playing my guitar and talking to the Lord.  I was really enjoying my times with the Lord and penned these words.

 




   This poem reminds me of the desire of David’s heart to praise the Lord in Psalms 34.

 

I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul shall make her boast in the LORD: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad. O magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together.

(Ps. 34:1-3 KJV)

 

   The second poem that I would like to share today was a short poem that my Aunt Mary Ruth Baker had written.  If you remember, I had shared a poem by her previously that was called “The Clock of Life”.  This one is called “Why?”




 

This poem from my aunt reminds me of a verse in 1st Corinthians

What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror; then we shall see face-to-face. What I know now is only partial; then it will be complete---as complete as God's knowledge of me.

(1 Cor. 13:12 GNB)

 

   The last poem for today is one that my sister Judy had written.  She has written a number of poems.  This one is called “God’s Store.”




  When I was thinking about this poem from my sister – I thought about the “Fruit of the Spirit” that is listed in Galatians chapter 5.  It is interesting to note that it is not necessarily our fruit, but the fruit of a life that is controlled by the Spirit of God.  So, if you are realizing your need for more of one of these qualities – then you need to “go shopping” and ask God for more of His Spirit.

But the Spirit produces love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, humility, and self-control. There is no law against such things as these. And those who belong to Christ Jesus have put to death their human nature with all its passions and desires. The Spirit has given us life; he must also control our lives.

(Gal. 5:22-25 GNB)

 

Written by Lee Malden           2022

For more information: email lmalden@hotmail.com

 

These are my thoughts today, what do you think?  Please leave me a response or email me and I would be happy to hear your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken and Blessed

Gift#4: Inner Strength

Gift #3: The Bible