Theory


  I hope you are having a great week after the rush of Christmas and a blessed New Year!  This week I am continuing the series featuring different Poems.  I hope you have enjoyed reading them.  The poem this week is one that I wrote a number of years ago when I was thinking about how some people think that you should keep your relationship with Christ to yourself and not talk about it!  I am not sure where this idea came from, but it definitely does not come from the Bible.  I think that we should be kind and tactful, but if the Lord has done a transforming work in our hearts – then how can we keep from sharing?  The Christmas carol “Go Tell it on the Mountain” certainly encourages us to broadcast the good news that God became a man and was born to show us how wonderful a God-centered life can be and to purchase our salvation, so we could experience that new life.  Here is my poem called "Theory".

 

 


   Here are a few verses to encourage us to be proactive in talking about the Lord.

“Be wise in the way you act toward those who are not believers, making good use of every opportunity you have. Your speech should always be pleasant and interesting, and you should know how to give the right answer to everyone.”

(Col. 4:5,6 GNB)

 

“Go, then, to all peoples everywhere and make them my disciples: baptize them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and teach them to obey everything I have commanded you. And I will be with you always, to the end of the age."

(Matt. 28:19,20 GNB)

 


   Throughout my life, I have tried to help other people come to Christ.  I will say that sometimes it is hard to do, and you may risk being rejected to stereotyped, but it is well worth it!  The people that I have come to know because I was trying to influence them for Christ have become some of the best friends ever!  I am so glad that I did not keep the Lord to myself and found ways to share Him with others.  I hope you will do the same.

 


 

Written by Lee Malden           2022

For more information: email lmalden@hotmail.com

 

These are my thoughts today, what do you think?  Please leave me a response or email me and I would be happy to hear your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken and Blessed

Gift#4: Inner Strength

Gift #3: The Bible