Just Today


  I hope you are having a blessed day.  This week I am continuing the series featuring different Poems.  I hope you have enjoyed reading them.  The one today is a little bit different than the others.  It is one that I wrote – after being inspired by a Movie that came out in 1992 called “Sister Act”.

 

 

   At the time that the movie came out, I was attending a Church on the West Side of San Antonio, Texas.  I was on the deacon board at the time, and we were having a meeting to discuss the upcoming Church Christmas Party.  We were brainstorming ideas for the party, and I suggested that we could do something similar to the Sister Act Movie and have a group sing some pop songs that people would know, but with Christian lyrics.  I suggested that we put together a “Beatles” type group and rewrite some of their songs with Christian words.  The Pastor and Youth Pastor were hesitant to do something like that, but I convinced them that it could be a lot of fun and would let people know that Church could also be a place of merriment.  They thought that maybe we could do just a couple of songs to see how it goes.  I rewrote the words “She Loves You”, to “God Loves You”, yea, yea, yea. I also rewrote “I want to Hold your Hand”, to “I Call Upon the Lord.”

   We formed a group with 2 guitars and a drummer.  The music was a big success!  We dressed up like the Beatles and tried to sound like them and the crowd acted… like a Beatles crowd!  It was so much fun.  When the next year came around – we were requested to do the same thing.  I rewrote the words to a few more songs and we expanded our group a little bit.  When we did this next song – people were shocked.  They said that the song sounded so good, that they forgot that it was based on a Beatles tune.  My older Son Jonathan played the drums for all the songs and then came forward and sang the lead to this song… and it sounded beautiful.  Here are the words to the poem/song.

 


   We had such a wonderful time that evening.  We hoped that some of the words to the songs were a fun way to try and get God’s truth into our minds.  This song centers around the subject of prayer.  Talking to the Lord in prayer is definitely a wonderful way to transform the troubles of yesterday into the promises for today.  Here are a few verses to encourage you to talk to God, just a little bit more.

 

My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee and will look up.

(Psalm 5:3 KJV)

 

“Remind me each morning of your constant love, for I put my trust in you. My prayers go up to you; show me the way I should go.”

(Psalm 143:8 GNB)

 


   I hope you have enjoyed this week’s poem.  Stay tuned for a new poem each week through the new year.

 

 

Written by Lee Malden           2022

For more information: email lmalden@hotmail.com

 

These are my thoughts today, what do you think?  Please leave me a response or email me and I would be happy to hear your thoughts.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Broken and Blessed

Gift#4: Inner Strength

Gift #3: The Bible